The customer service model for Precise Pharmacy has two distinct, but related pathways. The first model recognizes the client receiving pharmaceutical care as a customer deserving of high quality service. The second model acknowledges that the staff and managers at the care facilities are also customers of Precise Pharmacy and must similarly receive high quality customer service.
For the client receiving pharmaceutical care, there is an understanding that their health-related issues are specific to them and we at Precise Pharmacy will work to ensure that our pharmaceutical care services are tailored to their individual needs.
The client or their recognized representative can both access qualified staff and have most of their issues resolved quickly and effectively over the phone. For those issues that require a more in-depth analysis, the client or their representative will have access to a pharmacist.
The client will be the recipient of medications that have been provided to them using the latest of prescription processing technology as part of a complete pharmacy service package. While this certainly includes the packaging of prescription medication in individual labelled packets, for clients in care it also means having MAR sheets with the client’s colour picture to reduce the possibility of new or part-time staff administering the incorrect medication and having a client’s non-prescription medications included in the above mentioned labelled packets for ease of administration.
For the facility staff and managers receiving customer service from Precise Pharmacy, we are committed to working with the staff and managers as a partner in providing seamless care to their clients. Potential barriers to seamless care are actively pursued and addressed.
For both of the customer service models detailed above, Precise Pharmacy acts on any suggestions, complaints, and requests to ensure that our models evolve through a process of continued quality assurance.
As with most organizations, the purpose of performance standards is to communicate expectations. At Precise Pharmacy, we believe that good performance involves more than simply being technically proficient. Thus, you will notice that our philosophy around performance standards also includes behaviours and characteristics of being a good corporate citizen.
Leadership: We actively pursue new ways to deliver pharmaceutical care whether through technological advances, medical discoveries, and stakeholder feedback with the understanding that we will be working to make what we do today obsolete tomorrow.
- Adapts to change without loss of effectiveness
- Empowers staff through an environment of open communication to share their ideas and unique/different perspectives with management
- Fosters a corporate culture that encourages innovation, adaptability and learning, and growth in others
- Develops and implements ideas, products or solutions to achieve goals
- Makes appropriate hires and corporate affiliations that reflect both our commitment to providing top quality health care and an adherence to our performance standard philosophy
- Effectively adjusts behaviour and modifies strategies when confronted with changing, uncertain or unstructured situations
- Distinguishes between good and poor performance and acts accordingly
- Health care outcomes: We work to ensure that standards learned from the clinical guidelines and other areas of health care theory find their way into our practice to the benefit of our clients and other stakeholders.
- Works with clients and care givers to ensure that clients maximize the benefit of their medication therapy recognizing the limitations imposed by disease burden
- Takes responsibility for medication errors and near misses and investigates the root causes to ensure that type of error or near miss does not recur
- Works with those clients negatively affected by their medications whether through adverse side effects or errors to restore client confidence and health status
- Maintains the clinical competency of our staff through revision of clinical guidelines and continuing education
Customer Service: We recognize that we have more customers that require and deserve a high level of customer service than simply those clients for whom we provide medications.
- Assumes ownership and responsibility for the needs of the customer
- Works with the customer to provide solutions to any challenges they encounter with our pharmacy service package within realistic time frames
- Adapts style to the situation and the person
- Makes effective decisions, balancing organizational needs and customer needs
- Respects the privacy of the client
Accessibility: While retail pharmacy is a for profit business, we work to maintain the spirit of the Canadian health care system whereby ability to pay should not be the sole determining factor in the ability of the client to access the latest innovations in medication management systems.
- Provides the client all non-medication prescription related services (e.g. labelled packets, medication alarms, colour photo on MAR sheets, packaging of OTC medications, etc.) free of charge
Sustainability: We are committed to contributing to and being a part of sustainable communities through recognizing that society, the economy and the environment are inextricably linked.
- Implements new technology that decreases waste, pollution and our carbon footprint as that technology becomes available
- Affects changes to workflow that reduces the impact of Precise Pharmacy on the environment
- Contributes to the well-being of society by supporting community based non-governmental organizations
- Contributes to the economy not only by being a profitable business, but also by being committed to employing people in our community.
Team Orientation: We work to foster an effective teamwork environment in both our internal team (i.e. Precise Pharmacy staff) and our external teams (i.e. as a partner of the health care team at the facility).
- Facilitates and encourages two-way communication regarding responsibilities, expectations, goals and performance
- Utilizes skills and abilities of team members effectively
- Provides an environment of motivation
- Recognizes and manages conflict effectively
- Trains and coaches towards full performance
We’ve developed our site to be simple and contain the key information you’ll need. We hope you find what you want, but if you have any questions at all about our services or capabilities, please don’t hesitate to give us a call and one of our knowledgeable staff would be happy to assist.